OLY WAY - Coaching Objectives
The following are objectives the coaching staff is responsible for providing student-athletes. If we have done these things we will consider the season a success.
1. Provide Academic Support and Accountability
- Coaching Staff will check all grades weekly
- Coaching Staff will hold "study halls" for student-athletes that have an "F"/"D"
- Consequences for lack of integrity in classroom, towards peers or teachers
- Rewards for good grades/attendance at the end of semester
2. Teach Inegrity and Life Skills On and Off Court
- Coaching Staff will hold athletes accountable for "tardiness" at team activities
- Coaching Staff will hold athletes accountable for behavior on and off court
- Coaching staff will hold athletes accountable for giving 100% effort in all areas of life
- Coaching staff will hold "Weekly Value Lessons" teaching life skills
- Coaching staff will provide opportunities to give back to the community (Adopt a fam, etc.)
- Coaching staff will use practices and games (wins or losses) to teach lessons beyond hoops
3. Create a Culture of "Family"
- Coaching staff will help coordinate "Team Dinners" and "Team Bonding Activities"
- Coaching staff will help foster a culture of positive communication and body language among teammates
- Coaching staff will help foster a culture of playing unselfishly and as a team on the court
- Coaching staff will value every member of the program (Best player - 12th man on Frosh team)
- Coaching staff will help foster a team mindset in all basketball activities
4. Maximize Our Basketball Potential As A Team